Grampa's Cedar Works Finishing Information
We offer a collection of some of the finest finishes available in the industry
At Grampa's Cedar Works, we have three types of finish available:
- Ready Seal stain, sealer and UV protectant (two coat process).
- General Finishes Exterior 450 clear acrylic (up to four coat process) in satin, semi-gloss or gloss.
- General Finishes Exterior 450 clear acrylic over milk paint (up to six coat process).
What do I do if my furniture arrives damaged?
Contact us immediately by phone or email; explain damage and we will handle immediately to your satisfaction
How do I finish my furniture?
- Oil/varnish combinations: the easiest to use, flood on, wipe off in 10-15 minutes; continue to touch up as needed.
- Oil/Water Based Stain: Your cedar chair can be stained any color utilizing a good brand of oil or water based stain; paint on, wipe off; maintain as needed
- Paint: to paint cedar you must first utilize an acrylic water based primer followed by a water based acrylic enamel top coat; if you do not use a primer, the cedar will always bleed through your top coat.
What will happen if I don't put any finish on my chair?
Over time your chair will change to a silver/gray color.
How can I find out about your new products?
By checking our website from time to time. We update our website on a regular basis.
What if I want to learn about making/distributing this type of furniture?
Contact us by phone or email and we will send you details about becoming a distributor of our product.